Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW!!

So yesterday we got quite a bit of snow at my house...but when I woke up we had only a sprinkling of snow. I had to go to work, and since we had so little snow, I thought "there probably isn't much snow in Seattle either..." I was soooo wrong. It took me 2 hours to get to work, and it normally takes about 30 minutes in traffic...I got on the freeway and shortly after everyone was stopped. It was a parking lot. I kept calling in to work, "I'm coming but it will take me a while..." I desperately wanted to turn around and go back home, because the more north I went the more snow there was. But after the boeing field, there are no exits that look safe to take. They all go uphill, steeply, and that means also downhill steeply. Many of the exits I passed were closed because of the snow....

So I just kept going. Once I got to work, I was like well, I might as well stay. Jamaal called me at noon saying that we were getting a lot of snow at home, and I should have just turned around and went home once I got to work. I asked him how was that helpful now...? It was done, I was at work...calling me to tell me how terrible it was out, wasn't going to help me. Fortunately I was only working an 8 hour shift, (but since I got there at 0830 (1.5 hours late) I only really worked for 7 hours.) That meant that I could get home before it got dark.

If you've been to my house, you know that it is set on a very steep hill. Our driveway is a hill. Our driveway goes out to a hill near the top of it, so pretty much, you have to go up a hill to get to our house. Well I knew I would not even try to go up it in my van. My plan was to park at the park and ride near our house. But Jamaal didn't want the van to sit there for a day...so he made me drive to his work instead. Which was very scary too....I made it no problem. But had probably 10 anxiety attacks during the drive.

Now I have to go to work tomorrow and I don't know how I'm going to get my van to go to work...

So here I am stranded at my house, with my girls...my little arctic fox, loves the snow, she is a perfect snow dog. Bella on the other hand, likes the snow, but can only take so much before she is waiting at the door. I think she is just a touch cold...

Bacardi scratching at the door to go out...
Bella in the snow

Our big backyard...


Where's Bacardi at??? She must have found an apple to eat...or poop...or something gross, I choose to be ignorant...



Can you find her? She's actually pooping here, but she looked so cute peeking from behind a tree I couldn't resist...

Hop hop hopping!


Prints on my porch...

2 comments:

  1. Can you see the girls today? They are probably covered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! We are thinking about getting another dog!! What kind of dog is Bella again? Frodo is not a fan of the snow either. In fact he has resorted to peeing on the deck! That lazy bum! At least its covered in snow...now yellow snow : )

    ReplyDelete