Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm baaaaack....

Well last you heard from me I was sick...and I was going to finish the story of my Thanksgiving day. I was sick for 2.5 weeks. I had fevers off an on for a week and a half. It was so concerning to me that I actually went to the doctor for it. I wanted to make sure I didn't have an ear infection or anything that required antibiotics. She told me that I had a cold, and if it didn't start to go away in a few days that I should fill a prescription for an antibiotic. (I probably should have gotten that antibiotic, because a few days turned into a week) But my immune system is now stronger for all that work! :D This week was the first week that I actually felt better. I could breathe through my nose again (at times) and I didn't have too terrible of a cough. I was coughing up greenish yellow junk, but now it is mostly just gelantinized clear phlegm. I hope no one was eating, or thinking about eating while reading this. (unless you are a nurse, in that case you don't care!) Many people at work are now sick. I ended up calling in ill once and calling off my last 4 hours of a 12 hour shift one day. Being sick ate up my benefit time! :D I want that time for important things like a honeymoon and maternity leave, and heaven forbid a possible surgery.
So I'm hoping that now, I've gotten this whole being sick thing out of my system, and it won't happen again for me in like a year or more! :D
On to my Thanksgiving adventures. Once we were all finished with dinner at my parents house, I got out a few costumes I had purchased at Target for $2.50 each....

Bella, as Mrs. Claws and Shadow as a very sensitive reindeer. (You'll see what I mean in a few pictures)


Shadow and Bacardi, the Christmas Elf.


Bacardi the Christmas Elf. She was the best poser there. She is usually all over the place but once the costume was on she calmed right down.


Here she looks very hoity toity. Like, "I am too good for the likes of you". Either that or she is glaring at some one...."take this ugly thing off of me!"


Bella jumping for joy! "I am so excited for Christmas Mom!"

Shadow is fine as a reindeer, as long has her hood isn't on...
Once the hood goes on, she pouts. "you are laughing at me not with me!" She literally will lay down and stay there until someone feels bad enough to take the hood off of her. She can't see so she just gives up..."nobody likes me everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms..."

Bacardi is looking up at my mom...."please help Shadow with her hood..."



Bella checking Shadow out. It was really funny...once all of the costumes were on. The dogs had to sniff each others butts to make sure they weren't eaten by an elf, deer or lady...


They did much better with the costumes on than I was expecting. It was very entertaining....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back I was starting to get worried. You've never been gone from the blog that long. What a sigh of relief=).

    ReplyDelete