Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Riley and the Red Balloon

This morning Riley came running up to me with a red Red Robin balloon. He had the goofiest grin on his face, he was so very proud of himself. I worked for 12 hours yesterday and my mom watched him. My youngest two nephews got out of school early, so the 4 of them went out to lunch. My little man got a balloon out of the deal. :) He didn't get a chance to show me it until this morning, and by the look on his face he was very happy to share his joy with me. :) He spent the majority of this morning playing with his balloon, until finally the string came untied and the balloon deflated. He just sort of sat there expressionless. He didn't cry or fuss. And that is the story of Riley and the red balloon.  :)


2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love how he was so excited to show you the balloon. I always wonder about those balloons and what happens with them when kids take them home. I'm glad to hear that Riley got full use out of his :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute! I love it! It just has a nice ring to it...Riley and the red balloon....you should write a children's book for him :)

    ReplyDelete