Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sad day

Well as you all are probably aware, J and I are in the process of buying our first house. We are super excited/anxious/ready to move out of our rental. I've been pressuring the bank to see if we could close early on Sept. 25th instead of the 30th, to give us extra time to paint and get the carpet installed before moving into the new place. Well yesterday I found out that an early close would not be possible. Which was fine, obviously not ideal, but I got over it.

Today I find out that we actually can't close on the 30th either. My loan lady says they are behind by "a couple weeks."

Fortunately, our landlords have not found anyone to replace us yet, so we aren't homeless. We had planned on staying only until Oct. 4th, with prorated rent, but it looks like we'll have to pay all of October's rent at this time.

It is soooo frustrating.

What makes this worse is there is a stipulation in our contract with GMAC (the bank that owns our house), that says if we need an extension, it will cost $100/day. Now J and I think that we should not have to pay since it isn't our fault, but I don't know that the bank we are getting our loan through can help us very much. My loan lady said she would do everything she could to help if GMAC won't waive the fee. (That of course is our first hope.) My realtor contacted GMAC's realtor and asked what we could do to get the fee waived, and they stated a letter saying why there is a delay would do it. So we hope that that is the case.

This $8000 tax credit thing is the reason we are delayed. The bank had a 1000% increase in the amount of loans processing at once. People are rushing to get in a house before November 30th.

J and I wanted to have a Halloween (costumes required) Housewarming party. I hope we can still have that!

2 comments:

  1. Any word on progress on the house? I'm sorry there is a delay. It is definitely no fun waiting and especially with the bank situation. Are you still getting the carpet installed early?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can't install the carpets until we close...they asked for an extension until the 16th. Jamaal is convinced we will never move.

    ReplyDelete