Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just a quickie!

So I've promised pictures, and I haven't forgotten...I just don't know when I'll get around to posting them...the issue is that I was using our fancy camera and I don't know how to transfer photos from it...(well I do know, I have to use a cord to connect to my computer, I'm just that lazy that I don't feel like doing that and finding the cord might be difficult.)

I'd be willing to place a bet that the pictures won't be posted until after September...any takers?? ;)

Well since I last posted, Jamaal and I have been seriously searching for a house to buy...we thought we found the one, placed an offer and reached mutual acceptance. It was a house that the owners owned outright, and they were uncharacteristically attached to the house, which made negotiations very difficult. We had an inspection and discovered a lot of issues with the house, and for the price we had agreed to, we felt that the sellers should fix the issues. (There were a ton of plumbing problems, the roof wasn't great, there was a ridiculous tree right in front entangled in the power lines, and the previous owner tried to pose as electrician (and failed). He messed around with the fuse box, and used masking tape instead of electrical tape...it was ridiculous. So anyway after all of the inspection (and the complete refusal of the owners to fix anything) we backed out of the deal. I was a little heart broken to be honest. But not because I really wanted that house. It was more so that I wanted a house. I wanted a house that we could call ours. I wanted to be proud of where I lived. To decorate it as I wish, and to possibly get a cat if I wanted to do that. (our current landlords do not allow cats, but don't care about dogs...because they are allergic, though they have no intention of living here...I don't get it.) I wanted pride in ownership.

I think that this house is that for us, even though it is located right by my old high school...a little north of our parents, and will make our commutes a little longer.

The inspection is on Tuesday, and we'll know after that.

We've been lucky so far to pick houses that were either a traditional sale, or bank owned...we did not want the uncertainty of a short sale....

No comments:

Post a Comment